Limited Warranty for the United States
This warranty is given by Rhino-Rack USA LLC ('Rhino-Rack') of 19822 E. 22nd Ave., Unit B, Aurora, CO 80011.
Subject to the conditions of this warranty, Rhino-Rack warrants the following products manufactured by Rhino-Rack will be free from any manufacturing defect in materials or workmanship for the following periods from the date of purchase (each a 'Warranty Period'):
- 5 years for the "Pioneer" branded roof platforms, other roof tray products and roof racks;
- 1 year for products made from textile and fabric, locks and electrical components;
- 5 years for Reconn-Deck bars;
- 3 years for steel (ferrous) products and components;
- Lifetime* for the "Heavy Duty" and "Vortex" cross bar systems; and
- 5 years for all other products
Requirements for warranty claims
To make a warranty claim you must return the defective product or components to the authorized seller from which you purchased the product together with the original proof of purchase or receipt. No warranty claim will be processed without proof of purchase.
A warranty claim must relate to a defect which appears within the Warranty Period.
The cost of returning the defective product or components to the place of purchase will be borne by the person making the warranty claim.
If a consumer presents a valid warranty claim during the time periods referred to above, Rhino-Rack will, within a reasonable time of being notified of the warranty claim, repair or replace, at Rhino-Rack's option any defective product or defective component without charge for parts or labor or will refund the purchase price of the Product in the event Rhino-Rack is unable to provide a replacement and repair is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made.
Conditions and Exclusions
Because Rhino-Rack cannot control the quality of products sold by unauthorized sellers, this warranty applies only to Products that were purchased from Rhino-Rack or a Rhino-Rack authorized seller in the United States, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Rhino-Rack reserves the right to reject warranty claims for Products purchased from unauthorized sellers, including unauthorized Internet sites.
This warranty does not apply to:
- Any person other than the original retail customer or recipient of the product (in the case of acquisition as a gift or promotion) and it is not transferable;
- Any defect in materials or workmanship, if:
- the purchaser examined the product before having agreed to purchase the product and that examination ought reasonably to have revealed the defect; or
- the defect was specifically drawn to the purchaser's attention before the purchaser agreed to purchase the product;
- Failures caused by inadequate maintenance or non-compliance to fitting instructions supplied by Rhino-Rack. It is your responsibility to maintain the product adequately. Rhino-Rack recommends that this product be removed from your vehicle for regular cleaning and when not in use for extended periods. Any components subject to normal wear, degradation or consumption through use or exposure to the elements must be inspected periodically and replaced with Rhino-Rack parts as required;
- Any defects, loss or damage caused by a product being fitted to a non-compatible vehicle, for example, because of the vehicle's shape or build;
- Any defects, loss or damage caused by conditions beyond Rhino-Rack's control including, but not limited to any cost, loss, misuse, neglect, accidents, attachment of accessories not originating from Rhino-Rack, act of God, overloading beyond recommended capacity or other improper treatment of the product, including incorrect assembly or fitment by the purchaser, retailer or any other third party;
- Any defects or damage caused by modifications to the vehicle or the product or the user's failure to properly secure cargo as recommended by Rhino-Rack;
- Any consequential or incidental damage, including but not limited to damage to your vehicle, cargo or to any other person or property.
There are no warranties which extend beyond those stated herein. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE APPLICABLE TO PRODUCTS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RHINO-RACK BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BASED UPON BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR STRICT LIABILITY. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
For any specific questions about this warranty, please contact your nearest Rhino-Rack dealer or the dealer where the product was purchased. You may also contact Rhino Rack Customer Service at 877-744-6622 or email us at email@example.com
*Lifetime warranty applies on all Heavy Duty and Vortex cross bar systems and does not apply to Pioneer and other roof tray products. “Lifetime” means for as long as the original end-user purchaser owns the product.
Updated: November 1, 2023