Type of personal information
We collect and use the following personal information:
• Full name or alias
• Residential, shipping or billing address
• Mobile and phone number
• Email address
• Financial information, such as credit card number
• Details about your vehicle and roof rack products and accessories;
• Product preferences and interests;
• ID numbers
• Login and account information, including username, account number and password
• Technical data, such as IP address, device IDs and cookie data
• Geolocation if it is enabled on your device
• Interactions with us
Sometimes we may need to collect some other personal information about you, such as your association memberships or your health in order to understand your requirements for and interests in specific products you may want to purchase from us. If you apply for a job vacancy with us, we will ask for information relating to your health, family, background, education, professional association memberships, employment details and other personal and sensitive information.
Collection of personal information
There are following ways in which we may collect your information:
• You provide it to us. That happens when you register on our website, place an order, lodge a product complaint or other enquiry with us, register your product for warranty purposes, communicate with us by email, phone or in-person, participate in a customer survey or interact with us in some other manner.
• We collect it using IT methods. This collection of information occurs automatically when you access our website, mobile application, social media, emails, online promotions and advertisements or browse our products. We collect your device ID, IP address and technical information to identify you and log your use, purchase information and history, location information and geolocation. For these purposes, we use web analytics, cookies and similar technology, such as pixels, ad tags and tracking technologies.
• We receive it from third parties. Our dealers, distributors, affiliates, IT service providers, advertising and marketing agents, data providers, third party websites and applications may provide your personal information to us, such as your contact and personal information, information about your vehicle and roof rack products that you may have purchased or be interested in, information about the products and website content which you have accessed, browsed or enquired about, your preferences, product choice, purchase history, location, device and browsing history.
How we use personal information
We use and process your personal information in compliance with the PIPEDA.
We collect personal information so that we can:
• Process your order
• Provide customer service, such as receiving and responding to your inquiries or complaints
• Conduct marketing and promotions
• Facilitate the creation of and manage your account with us, including registration on our website/mobile application
• Send you marketing and promotional emails and provide information about our business and products
• Manage warranty and product claims
• Analyse, maintain and improve performance, effectiveness, security, and safety of our products and website
• Analyse data about the use of and preferences about products and products features, assess effectiveness of promotional campaigns
• Contact you to address your inquiry, complaint or provide information about our products
Your rights over your personal information
Under the PIPEDA, you have the right to:
• Access the personal information we hold about you
• Correct any inaccurate or outdated personal information we hold about you or request us to delete the inaccurate personal information
• Withdraw your consent for any activities for which you previously consented subscribed, such as direct marketing emails. To opt-out from our email communications or adjust your preferences, please contact our Privacy Officer by email email@example.com
You can ask for access or correction by contacting us and we will respond within 30 days. We may ask you provide additional information in order to verify your identity before we give you access to your information or correct it. In some circumstances it may be lawful for us to refuse to give access to some or all the information we hold.
If we decide to refuse to give you access to, or correct, your personal information as allowed by the PEPIDA or other applicable legislation, we will notify you in writing and provide the reasons for our decision. If we refuse to correct your personal information, you can request that we attach a statement which sets out what information you believe to be incorrect and why.
If we have disclosed the incorrect information to third parties, you can ask us to notify them about the correction. We must do so unless there is a valid reason not to.
Sharing of personal information
We will share your personal information with third parties, or third parties may collect personal information on our behalf.
We might share your personal information with or the following third parties might get access to your personal information:
• Our service providers, such as advertising agencies, IT service providers, analytics providers, payment processors, web servers, software companies, shipping and delivery companies
• Our distributors and dealers
• Subcontractors, such as clerical and marketing contractors, temporary staff
• Auditors, insurers and professional advisers
• Law enforcement and other government regulatory agencies if required by law
• Our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates
Where we send your information
We work with and process data about individuals across the world. To operate our business, we may send your personal information outside of Canada, including to Australia and the United States of America. When we send your information overseas, we take steps to protect your information.
Google Analytics collects web traffic information when you visit our website. Google stores such information across multiple countries.
When you use social network services such as Facebook or Instagram to communicate with us or to find our products and services, the social network provider and its partners may collect and hold your personal information overseas.
How we protect your information
We make every effort to protect your information, and to ensure the security and integrity of our web-services and platform.
Information will be retained, backed up and may be stored via “cloud”– based technology or on a hard drive.
We securely store your personal information on our cloud servers and use up-to-date virus software and prevention technology, password security and firewalls for our computer systems and websites. We implement IT and administrative internal protocols and keep our IT service providers accountable.
We regularly assess the risk of misuse, interference, loss of and unauthorised access to personal information we hold. We take measures to address those risks by tracking and keeping records of access, changes to and deletion of personal information, and ensuring that personal information is only accessed when it is needed. We conduct internal and external audits to assess whether we have adequately complied with or implemented these measures.
How you can contact us
If you would like to ask about, make a request relating to, or complain about how we handle and process your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer by
- email firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- mail The Privacy Officer, Rhino Rack Australia Pty Ltd, 22A Hanson Place, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766;
or call Rhino-Rack on its general number at +61 2 8846 1900 Monday to Friday, between 08:30 to 17:00 (GMT+10)
We thank you for your interest in our products and services.
Last updated: 11 September 2020
Published on our website at https://www.rhinorack.com/en-ca/privacy-policy.