Privacy collection statement – New Zealand
Rhino Rack New Zealand Limited understands that privacy is important. The Privacy Act 1993 requires us to disclose to you how we collect, store, handle, use and share your personal information. This privacy statement sets out our privacy practices and governs your use of our services, products, website https://www.rhinorack.com/en-nz/, subscriptions, mobile applications, social media, online services, off-line services, in-person interactions and communications with you.
We collect personal information from you, including the following information:
- phone number;
- email address;
- other contact information;
- payment method, credit card details and billing information;
- employment details;
- details about your vehicle and roof rack products and accessories;
- your product preferences and interests;
- IP address, technical and device information;
- geolocation if it is enabled on your device;
- computer or network you are using;
- communications and interactions with us.
We collect your personal information in order to:
- facilitate the supply of roof rack products and accessories;
- facilitate the creation of and manage your account with us and registration of your account on our website or service platform (whichever is applicable);
- process your order and payments for products you purchased from us, using your credit card, bank account or some other method of payment;
- conduct research and marketing in relation to existing and new products;
- analyse the demand for existing and new products;
- provide, maintain and improve our products, services, website/mobile application/social media and other information about us and our products;
- customise and personalise your experience, preferences and interests when you access our website or mobile application, advertising and other content about us and our products;
- promote our products, services, website and social media;
- alert you to the latest developments in the industry and to notify you of our new and existing products;
- respond to your enquiries, communicate with you and provide customer and product service support;
- communicate and manage our relationship with you, including addressing any service and administrative issues;
- manage warranty and any other claims and provide product support and service information;
- contact you and provide information that you have requested or agreed to receive or may be interested in receiving.
Sharing of information
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- IT service providers, including external software providers who manage our website and adds on, including the portal for your online account;
- A payment gateway provider who would validate your credit card details to ensure that funds are available for your order through your online account with us and who would process the payment of your order for us;
- contractors who organise and run marketing and promotional activities for us in relation to our products and services;
- dealers, distributors and business counterparties;
- our affiliates, who undertake research, development and manufacturing of the products,
in order to analyse and use the data we collect or receive from you so that we could continue supplying our products and services.
Providing some information is optional. For example, if you choose not to enter your contact information, identification and preferences, we'll be unable to contact you, provide you with information about the products you may have interest in, register your account and provide customer service support. Also, if you choose not to share your location and other personal information when you access our website or mobile application, the features of those website and application will be limited.
We keep your information safe by implementing physical measures, including barriers, locks, doors and security alarms at the premises where our business is located, using up-to-date virus software and prevention technology, password security and firewalls for our computer systems and websites, putting in place IT and administrative internal protocols and only allowing people who need to be privy to that information access it.
We also require our external providers to be compliant with Privacy laws and keep your data safe and secure.
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, including to offer our products and services to you, facilitate our work as a supplier of roof racks and accessories, manage our relationship with you and maintain your account with us, manage our business relationships with distributors, customers and suppliers, conduct marketing and promotional activity, provide customer and product service support, comply with our legal or contractual requirements and obligations (if necessary), at which point we destroy it by securely erasing all personal information held digitally or in hard copies.
Access to personal information, correction and complaints
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us by:
- email at email@example.com;
- phone: +64 4 237 0853 / +0800 866 322
- post or in person at: 25 Raiha St, Porirua 5022 NEW ZEALAND
We will provide an initial response within 30 days. Please note that the access right is qualified. In some circumstances it may be lawful for us to refuse to give access to some or all the information we hold. If we determine to grant access, we will either send you a copy of the information we hold or will allow you to inspect original materials at our office.
We will correct any errors in personal information of which we are notified either by email, post, phone or in person unless there is a law that allows or requires us not to.
If you consider that we have breached our privacy obligations under the Privacy Act 1993, please set out your concerns in writing and send it to us by any of the means noted above. Once we receive a complaint from you, we will determine what (if any) action we should take to resolve the complaint. We will provide an initial written response within 30 days of receipt of the complaint unless the individual notifies us that is not required. We may need to seek further information from you if we are to respond in a meaningful way.
We encourage you to contact us with any concern regarding our use and handling of our personal information and we will endeavour to resolve such compliant to your satisfaction.
We thank you for your interest in our products and services.
Updated: 1 July 2021
The previous version is available through the link https://www.rhinorack.com/en-nz/privacy-policy-archived