TERMS OF SUPPLY OF CLEARANCE PRODUCTS
This is a binding contract. Please read it carefully. By proceeding with the Order, you confirm acceptance of the Terms set out below.
Account means an online account created and registered by the Customer (or for and on behalf of the Customer) on the Website to browse, order and purchase the Products.
Invoice means a tax invoice issued by Rhino-Rack in respect of an Order.
Contract means a contract for sale by Rhino-Rack to the Customer of the Products incorporating these Terms.
Customer means the person or legal entity in whose name the Account is registered.
Order means an order by the Customer to purchase Products from Rhino-Rack through the Account.
Products means “Rhino-Rack” branded products ordered by the Customer through the Account, as described in the Order and the Invoice.
Rhino-Rack means Rhino Rack Australia Pty Limited (ABN 63 122 680 639).
Terms means the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Warranty Period means a period of 12 months from the date of delivery of the Product to the Customer, during which a warranty in relation to the quality of a Product as described in clause 24 applies.
Website means the website https://www.rhinorack.com/en-au/ and also includes a mobile application for the Website.
Order Placement and Payment
1. These Terms apply to any Order placed and any purchase of Products made by the Customer through the Website.
4. By placing and proceeding with the Order, the Customer accepts the offer from Rhino-Rack to enter into a Contract in relation to the Order on these Terms and agrees to be bound by these Terms.
5. Before submitting an Order, the Customer must satisfy itself as to the identification and quantity of each Product it wishes to order. The Customer warrants and acknowledges that the Order is correct, accurate and complete and that the Customer has satisfied itself as to the content and price of the Order.
6. The Contract for purchase of the Products under these Terms is formed once the Customer places an Order for such Products through the Account.
7. Rhino-Rack may cancel the acceptance of any Order at any time before delivery without incurring any liability to the Customer. If Rhino-Rack cancels the Order and the Customer has already paid for the Order, where applicable, Rhino-Rack will issue a refund to the Customer for the amount of the Order.
8. All prices are stated exclusive of any applicable duties, charges, levies, fees and taxes (including the Goods and Services Tax), unless stated otherwise. The Customer will bear all applicable taxes, charges, fees, duties and levies.
9. Unless specified otherwise in relation to specific Products where delivery is included, the Customer will pay all applicable shipping, delivery and handling charges which will be billed to the Customer in addition to the price for the Products, and as part of the Order.
10. Payment for the Products and/or services must be made in full before physical delivery of Products to the Customer. No cash on delivery is accepted.
11. The Customer shall keep records of each Order and purchase and sale, showing the date of purchase or supply and the quantity received or supplied.
Delivery / Shipping
12. Delivery of the Products will be effected by Rhino-Rack after payment for the Order has been made in full.
13. Rhino-Rack will arrange delivery of Products to the delivery address stated in the Order. The Products shall be delivered by a carrier selected by Rhino-Rack. Rhino-Rack may make partial deliveries.
14. Following terms will apply to delivery of the Products:
(a) Once the Order has been placed, Rhino-Rack will send an Order confirmation email. Orders placed before 5pm AEST will be despatched next business day from Rhino-Rack’s Sydney warehouse (excluding public holidays);
(b) Once the Order has been dispatched, Rhino-Rack will send a shipping confirmation email containing the connote number(s). An additional communication from the freight forwarder will also be sent with shipping and tracking information. Each Product will be shipped in a single box with a unique tracking number;
(c) Rhino-Rack will aim to have the Products delivered in 1 to 6 business days after the day when the Order was placed (ie Monday-Friday, excluding public holidays. Weekend delivery is subject to carrier availability);
(d) Customer must provide a street delivery address where the Customer will be present to receive delivery of the Products ordered. Rhino-Rack is not responsible, and disclaims any liability, for packages left unattended in the event that the Customer is not available to receive delivery;
(e) All Orders must include a complete shipping/delivery address and contact phone number;
(f) Rhino-Rack will not deliver to P.O. Boxes;
(g) For oversized product shipments only Road Freight is made available.
15. Any dates specified by Rhino-Rack for delivery of the Products are intended to be an estimate only and are not guaranteed. Time for delivery shall not be made of the essence. Rhino-Rack will not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Products which is outside of Rhino-Rack’s control.
16. Upon dispatch of the Products under the Order, Rhino-Rack will issue an Invoice to the Customer for the Products dispatched and delivery charges.
17. Title to and risk in the Products passes to the Customer upon delivery of the Products to the Customer.
18. Delivery occurs when possession or control of the Products passes to the Customer, its representative, agent or carrier.
19. A delivery docket issued by Rhino-Rack or its carrier will be sufficient evidence of delivery.
20. Rhino-Rack’s weights and measurements shall govern unless proven to be incorrect.
21. Upon delivery of Products, the Customer shall inspect the Products and packaging for the quantity and quality.
22. The Customer must notify Rhino-Rack within three (3) business days of delivery of any short fall in or loss or damage to Products delivered or it will be deemed to have accepted the Products. Nothing in this clause affects a Customer's right to claim against Rhino-Rack for a defective product under the warranty stipulated in clause 24, or under their rights under statute, including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
23. Products will be packaged in accordance with Rhino-Rack’s standard packaging procedure in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Return and Warranties
24. Rhino-Rack warrants that the Products are of merchantable quality and free from defects. The Products are supplied subject to the Warranty Period. Any claims relating to the quality of a Product must be made by the Customer within the Warranty Period applicable to that Product. No claim can be made by the Customer in relation to a Product after the Warranty Period in relation to that Product expires.
25. The Customer can only return the Product if Rhino-Rack accepts that the Product is defective. The Customer shall contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the Customer considers the Product to be defective. The Customer shall not return any Product to Rhino-Rack unless Rhino-Rack confirms acceptance of a request for such return in writing and provides a return note and any specific instructions for return of the Product. Rhino-Rack does not accept return of Products for change of mind.
26. If Rhino-Rack establishes that the Product is defective, Rhino-Rack will provide an instruction on the return of the Product. A refund or replacement will be issued when the returned Product is returned to Rhino-Rack and Rhino-Rack satisfies itself that the Product is defective.
27. In the event the Customer returns a non-defective Product, Rhino-Rack reserves the right not to refund the amount of the Order. Rhino-Rack does not accept returns of Products for change of mind or incorrect Order placement.
28. Nothing in these Terms shall be interpreted as an attempt to modify, limit or exclude terms or warranties which are imposed by statute (including but not limited to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993) and which cannot be modified, limited or excluded.
29. Other than as specifically set out in these Terms, and to the extent permissible by law, all representations and warranties implied by statute or law are excluded.
30. To the extent permitted by law, the liability of Rhino-Rack for breach of these Terms, for negligence or other tort and for breach of statutory duty, implied term or warranty about the Products sold, shall be limited, at the option of Rhino-Rack, to:
(a) the replacement of the Products;
(b) the supply of equivalent Products;
(c) the repair of the Products;
(d) the payment of the cost of replacing the Products; or
(e) the payment of the cost of having the Products repaired.
31. To the extent permissible by law, Rhino-Rack shall have no liability to the Customer for consequential or exemplary damages.
32. The limitations and exclusions of liability set out hereto also apply to loss incurred in respect of personal injury and loss arising from wilful acts and omissions.
33. The Customer warrants that it purchases the Product for its own personal use and not in the course of a business.
34. The Customer must comply with the Product manual, specification or instruction when installing, handling and using the Product.
35. The parties shall be excused for delays in performance or failure of performance (except payment of amounts due) to the extent arising from causes beyond such party’s reasonable control, including without limitation, strikes, wars, fires, any epidemic, pandemic or disease outbreak, acts of terror or acts of God, such as floods and earthquakes. In the event of any such event or condition, the party whose performance is excused shall notify the other party as soon as practicable and shall make diligent efforts to perform its obligations at its earliest opportunity.
36. If any provision of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provisions in question will not be affected.
37. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any power or right under these Terms operates as a waiver, nor does any single or partial exercise of any power or right preclude any other or further exercise, or the exercise of any other power or right.