Rhino Rack Europe is part of the Rhino Rack group of companies which includes Rhino Rack (Australia) Pty Ltd. Rhino-Rack USA, LLC and Rhino Rack Europe ("we", "our", "us" and "Rhino-Rack"). We understand that privacy is important and are committed to protecting your data in compliance with the applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) when we collect, use, handle and share your personal data.
What data we collect
We collect the following personal information from you:
- personal identification information, such as name, address, phone number, email address, other contact information);
- employment details
- details about your vehicle and roof rack products and accessories;
- your product preferences and interests;
- IP address, technical and device information;
- geolocation if it is enabled on your device;
- computer or network you are using;
- interactions with us.
Collection of data
Your personal information may be received or collected in the following ways:
- you provide it to us. This occurs when you register online or place an order for our products or services, complete a customer survey, provide your feedback on our message boards, via email or directly when you communicate or interact with us;
- we receive it from third parties. Our dealers, distributors, affiliates, service providers, advertising agencies, marketing companies and data providers and governments agencies may share your personal information with us. This information may include personal identification and contact information, information about your vehicle and roof-rack products that you may have purchased or be interested in.
How we use your data
We collect your data so that we can:
- facilitate the creation of and manage your account;
- process your order, supply, provide, maintain and improve our products, services, website / mobile application / social media and other information about us and our products;
- send you emails about special offers about our products, related products and services we think you might be interested in;
- promote our products, services, website and social media;
- develop or conduct research on development of new products and services;
- customise and personalise your experience, preferences and interests when you access our website or mobile application, advertising and other content about us and our products;
- contact you and provide you with information that you have requested or agreed to receive or may be interested in receiving;
- alert you to the latest developments in the industry and to notify you of new products;
- fulfil your requests for products and services, such as functionality of existing products, launching new products, distributing electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in surveys and public forums;
- analyse, maintain and improve performance, effectiveness, security, and safety of our products and website;
- communicate and manage our relationship with you, including addressing any service and administrative issues;
- respond to your inquiries, service requests, questions on products, website, services, promotions and events we may organise;
- manage warranty and any other claims and provide product support and service information;
- analyse data about the use of and preferences about products and products features;
- make use of your information consistent with the context in which the information was collected or with your consent for other internal business purposes in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may share your data with our affiliates and business counterparties so that they may offer you their products and services, including:
- Rhino Rack (Australia) Pty Ltd;
- Polaris Industies;
- Auto dealers and our dealers and distributors.
When we process your order, we may send your data to, and also use the records and information from credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
We securely store your data on our own servers located within a protected and controlled data centre within Sydney, as well as a database by Oracle NetSuite. We keep your information safe by implementing physical measures, including barriers, locks, doors, and security alarms at the premises where our business is located, using up-to-date virus software and prevention technology, password security and firewalls for our computer systems and websites, putting in place IT and administrative internal protocols and only allowing people who need need to be privy to that information, access to it.
EU-US Privacy Shield: Oracle complies with the EU-U.s. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention when a customer and Oracle have an agreed by contract that transfers of personal information from the European Economic Area ("EEA") or Switzerland will be transferred and processed pursuant to the Privacy Shield for the relevant services. When conducting those activities on behalf of its EEA or Swiss customers, Oracle holds and/or processes personal information provided be the EEA or Swiss customer at the discretion of the customer. Oracle will then be responsible for ensuring that third parties acting as an agent on our behalf do the same.
Oracle has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Statement and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
ISO 27001: ISO 27001:2013 is a globally recognised international standard that defines a set of requirements to build an information security management system (ISMS) to prove management better control of its information security processes. NetSuite service's ISMS is currently ISO 27001 certified, which demonstrates that NetSuite meets the requirements of the standards and that processes are in place to enforce the security of customer's information.
Retention of personal information
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy statement. including to offer our products and services to you, facilitate our work as a supplier of high quality roof racks and accessories, manage our business relationships with distributors, customers and suppliers, conduct marketing and promotional activity, provide customer and product service support, comply with our legal or contractual requirements and obligations (if necessary), at which point we securely destroy it by securely erasing all personal information held digitally or in hard copies.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Rhino Rack group of companies.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right of access. You have the right to request copies of your personal data;
- Right to correct. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You can also request us to complete information you believe is incomplete;
- Right to erasure. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to request that we erase your personal data;
- Right to restrict processing. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to processing. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data;
- Right to data portability. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected about you to another organisation, or directly to you.
It may take us up to 30 days or longer to process your request and respond to it. Our response to your request may be limited, subject to GDPR. We may contact you for further clarification or if we need further information to identify you.
You can submit your request to our Privacy Officer (Data Controller) at:
- by email to email@example.com; or
- by mail to The Privacy Officer, Rhino Rack Pty Ltd, 22 Hanson Place, New South Wales, Australia, 2776.
- by telephone +61 2 8846 1900
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology, such as pixels, ad tags and tracking technologies. Cookies and similar technologies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using.
A cookie is small file placed on your device that contains an alphanumeric identifier. The identifier in a cookie helps us manage and report your interaction with our website and products. Information that we collect is used to keep count of your visits to our website, dates and times of visits and your current IP address, collect and report on statistical information, authenticate your login information, monitor or manage multiple usage of our website on your browser, collect information about websites that redirected or referred you to our website.
- Keeping you signed in;
- Understanding how you use our website;
- Analysing your preferences and interests.
Types of cookies
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - we use these cookies (called persistent cookies) so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising - we use these cookies (session cookies) to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We may share some limited aspects of this date with third parties, for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Third party cookies - Our IT service providers, advertising and marketing agencies might place their cookies on their website to recognise and identify your preferences in relation to our products and services, your browsing patterns and options.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and use settings to remove cookies from your browser and disable them. In this case, some features on our website may not function or be available and your use of our website will be limited as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Address: 22 Hanson Place, New South Wales, Australia, 2776.
or call Rhino-Rack on its general number at +61 2 8846 1900 Monday to Friday, between 08:30 to 17:00 (GMT+ 10)
How to contact the appropriate authority
We encourage you to contact us directly to resolve and privacy or data use concern and we will use our best endeavours to address those concerns to your satisfaction.
For complaints that cannot be resolved, Rhino-Rack will cooperate with the respective data protection authorities located in the applicable country and engage in a dispute resolution procedure required by such authorities.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may access information on how to lodge your complaint on the website of The European Data Protection Supervisor at https://edps.europa.eu/_en
Rhino-Rack thanks you for visiting our website and your interest in our company, products and services.